Saturday, August 27, 2011

Old Car

This is a ravine in Death Valley where you might see some big horn sheep! We went with a group to to hear a talk about the sheep and their history in the park. The Forest Rangers are pretty interesting and informative. It's always good to show up for their talks, it's possible to learn a whole lot!

So the day we went on the talk... we didn't see any but I remembered this car was nearby and Chris and I left the group to go find the car and low and behold.... we found a whole herd of sheep... pretty cool to see. I will post those pictures the next time I blog.


 Flash floods are always a possibility in the desert... you can see how much rock and sand the waters have moved down the ravine over the years.


 I love the colors of the desert, of course the best time to be there is in the fall or winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment