Saturday, August 20, 2011

Why.... Death Valley?

Ubehebe Crater
So often people look shocked when I say we spend Thanksgiving in Death Valley... why they say ... isn't that a desert...it's hot right? Sure is  ... but in November it's perfect! Sunny afternoons and it cools down at night. There are tons of things to do in Death Valley... everything from hiking to ghost towns... to pup fish! The geological features are breath taking. But really the thing that I love about Death Valley is how close it's bought my little brother and me together. We fought like cats and dogs as children, we stood up for each other, we watched out for each other and then we grew apart... like a lot of siblings do as adults. But now we talk more, we plan the trip, we talk about what we want to do when we get there...we actually get excited about something. I don't know about you but most of my life I learned not to get excited cause it might not happen... how sad is that.

But now ... Death Valley has taught me that I can be excited, that Thanksgiving comes around every year, and my brother will spend it with me. Like family ....and it makes me happy.
my camping buddies!
Our step-father Lambert joins us and he is so adorable, I love him so much. He was the best man my Mom was ever with. He loved her so much, he treated her like she was the most precious woman on Earth. He's given me the love of a Father... and that makes me warm and sappy inside. These are reasons why ... I love Death Valley!

No comments:

Post a Comment